Thursday, October 16, 2008

MY CAR IS FIXED!!!

So, I was driving to work on Tuesday when my car died. When I got into the car, I knew something was wrong. When I started the car, the low charge light came on. I didn't think anything of it since it was only in the thirties that night. Maybe the battery didn't have much of a charge since it was cold kinda thing. So SURELY I could still drive to work, right? The alternator would just charge the battery while I drove, right? Except, I had lost my belt that makes the whole alternator business work.




Long story short - it's 8 miles from my house to my job. I made it 5 miles. So, at 5 in the morning I got to walk 2.5 miles before someone stopped for me. Luckily it wasn't to cold - a nice balmy 36 out that morning. Since we had our big snow storm the Sunday before, I was feeling lucky that the skies were clear. And it was very peaceful.




Back to the car, it only cost about $45 to fix it. Considering I thought it was going to cost about $200 for a new alternator and installation, I feel very blessed that it was something so small.




On another note, I am now certified in the state of ND to distribute meds! I was walking to work that morning to do the first half of my med certification - finished the second half yesterday! (I do have to do clinicals, but that is going to happen in the morning, and is a technicality since we did do clinicals during class... So my new title is.... "Erika Billedeaux, CMA." Hooray for me!

No comments: