Sunday, March 21, 2010

Still loving the food!

So  I saw another person's blog where she had added up her whole harvest for a year so she and presumeably her readers could see what she had gotten for a harvest.  I have decided to do the same.  I plan on going month to month, with a grand total at the end of the year.  So, since I waited till now to do this, I will count the harvest from last month as well.

Sprouts: 6 lbs.
Mushrooms: 1 lb.

So far, so good!  I am hoping to harvest some chives by the end of the month, and next month I hope to have some peppers ready from the hydroponics room.  We are sprout crazy around here, so we have been sprouting alfalfa, lentils, beets, and mung beans.  We use them in eveything from stirfrys to soups to salads.  I didn't know how many different ways there were to use these amazing versitile veggies!

As far as the rest of the house, the girls and I have decided we need new skirts.  Drag out the fabric, drag out the sewing machine!  Hope to have a few done to post pics of this week!  (All of this was brought on by my long lost copy of "Sew What! Skirts")  Can't wait to have something a little different to wear on Sundays!

No comments: